Herb & Cheese drop biscuits
I did not think it would even be possible to make drop biscuits without animal products. But, Angela Liddon from Oh She Glows is a brilliant genius, and I keep coming back to this incredible recipe!
1 cup (120g) whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup (130g) unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tbsp aluminum-free baking powder
1 tbsp natural cane sugar
1/2 tsp fine grain sea salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, minced
5.5 tbsp coconut oil, frozen** (or frozen vegan butter)
1 cup unsweetened and unflavoured almond milk
1/4-1/3 cup vegan shredded cheese (I used Daiya), optional
1. Preheat oven to 425F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Line a small plate with parchment paper and spread on the coconut oil into a layer about 1/2-inch wide. Place in the freezer until solid, for about 5-10 minutes. Place the cup of milk in the freezer to chill as well.
3. Meanwhile, whisk the flours, baking powder, sugar, salt, and garlic powder together in a large bowl.
4. Using a pastry cutter, cut the frozen coconut oil into the dry ingredients until it’s the size of small peas. Make sure not to leave any large chunks.
5. Pour chilled almond milk over the dry ingredients + coconut oil mixture and stir until just combined. If your scoops of flour were heavy-handed you may need to add a tablespoon or two more milk. Fold in the herbs and shredded cheeze.
6. Drop about 8-10 biscuits all over the baking sheet, leaving 2-3 inches between each biscuit. Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and then bake for an additional 8-10 minutes longer watching closely. Biscuits are ready when golden. Serve warm.
**I have used chilled coconut oil OR chilled vegan butter and both ways turned out great!
I don't create these recipes. For original recipe click link below ⬇️